Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship
Deadline for application submission is April 21, 2022
Programming and Exhibitions Internship
Under the guidance and mentorship of the Gallery Director, the Intern will work with the University Art Gallery’s Pacific Standard Time team on various aspects of research for the proposed exhibition, Brackish Water Los Angeles. Research will focus on the proposed exhibition checklist. The intern will serve as part of the PST team, participating in weekly meetings and providing support on additional aspects of the project. This may include exhibition planning, planning for catalogue essays, and planning for the second semester-long course in conjunction with the exhibition.
- In addition to the PST project, the intern will also provide support for Lauren Halsey, the exhibition currently on view, and for the planning of upcoming exhibitions. The Getty MUI intern will assist the gallery staff in preparing for and producing programs. This will include developing and producing communications plans; and may include coordinating events.
- The intern will also work with the Gallery Director to create web pages and social media galleries in support of the University Art Gallery.
- They will help coordinate the completion of a catalogue for one of CSUDH’s previous exhibitions
- In addition, they will work with the Gallery Director and Technician to plan for several upcoming exhibitions and programming featuring Los Angeles-based artists.
This is a full-time, paid, 10-week internship. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements that the Getty outlines for the internship.
Internship applicants are required to submit the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Getty Marrow Internship”:
- a cover letter highlighting 2–3 accomplishments relevant to the position
- a current résumé
- and a list of three professional or academic references.
California State University, Dominguez Hills’ University Art Gallery serves the campus and broader community as a laboratory for contemporary art and design practices presenting exhibitions and programming. The University Art Gallery is deeply committed to building a creative and innovative art and design culture that celebrates artists and engages audiences.